Kemeri railway station

The first building of the station was erected in year 1877 along with the opening event of the railway line “Riga - Tukums”.  In year 1911 a direct train traffic “Moscow - Kemeri” was launched, but in summer of year 1912 an electric streetcar line was launched from the railway station to the beach of Jaunkemeri, it operated until year 1915. After the war in the beginning of 1930s a short period of time a diesel tram operated in Kemeri. The railway station illustrated in the picture has been erected in 1922 according to the design of architect Arthur Medlinger, with slight changes has survived to nowadays.

Kemeri railway station

Closest objects

  • Ķemeri Baptist church
    Ķemeri Baptist church More
  • Ķemeri Saint John Baptist Roman Catholic Church
    Ķemeri Saint John Baptist Roman Catholic Church More
  • Ķemeru velonoma
    Ķemeru velonoma More
  • The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa)
    The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa) More