Lielupe Railway Station

In year 1913 the Lielupe railway station building was built with a purpose of servicing Buļļi manor crofters, fishermen and holidaymakers, as well for improvement and development of new summerhouses. Up to the year 1932 it carried a name “Buļļi”, as well as the neighbouring area. This is the one of the oldest Jūrmala wooden railway station buildings, that has been preserved and is still functioning. Here a fiction film “Swings” of Latvian SSR television was shot in 1970, director Rostislav Goryayev, but in Lielupe beach some footage to the Latvian full-length film “Fisherman’s Son” were shooted, director Vilis Jānis Lapenieks.

Lielupe Railway Station

Closest objects

  • Jūrmala hospital
    Jūrmala hospital More
  • Lielupe by Semarah Hotels
    Lielupe by Semarah Hotels More
  • Tennis centre "Lielupe"
    Tennis centre "Lielupe" More