The building of the summer cottage is a national architectural monument, an excellent object of neogothic wooden architecture, built around 1883. It was built by a Latvian enterpreneur, maecenas Kristaps Morbergs. In the interior of the building there are preserved plafonds of painted ceilings, stained glass, stoves featuring round glazed polychrome relief tiles and a fireplace. Auxiliary buildings were built in the turn of the 19th -20th century. The complex of buildings was bequeathed to the State University of Latvia. In 2007 – 2008 renovation works of the complex of buildings took place. The desing and greeneries of the 19th century were restored.