Ķemeri

A Monument to Founders and Directors of Kemeri Resort

A Monument to Founders and Directors of Kemeri Resort

The monument launched in 1861 was devoted to founders and directors of Kemeri Resort (head physicians). Is located not far from the Islet of Love. Created as a tree trunk entwined by a snake. On the monument the names of the creators of the resort are listed, engraved in white plates. During its long time of existence, the limestone monument was transformed multiple times. The ...
More
Kemeri Hotel

Kemeri Hotel

Built in 1936, an architect Eugene Laube. “The White Liner” or “The White Castle” as this hotel was called was one of the most magnificent and state-of-the-art hotels in Baltic countries, a tremendous edifice of Latvian sovereign times. It was built by employing the State funds and the total cost amounted to 2.5 mln of lats. The hydrotherapy rooms ...
More
Kemeri railway station

Kemeri railway station

The first building of the station was erected in year 1877 along with the opening event of the railway line “Riga - Tukums”.  In year 1911 a direct train traffic “Moscow - Kemeri” was launched, but in summer of year 1912 an electric streetcar line was launched from the railway station to the beach of Jaunkemeri, it operated until year 1915. After ...
More
Kemeri Resort Park

Kemeri Resort Park

The landscape park of Kemeri with a network of winding tracks along Versupite river was projected and 1839 started to develop by Karlis Heinrich Vagner, a gardener of Riga. The development and improvement of the part was continuous during the next hundred years. After the erection of Kemeri hotel in year 1936, a symmetrical parterre with lawns, flower plantations and alleys ...
More
Sulphur Water Pavilion and Sulphur spring "The Little Lizard" ("Ķirzaciņa")

Sulphur Water Pavilion and Sulphur spring "The Little Lizard" ("Ķirzaciņa")

This is one of the most well-known Kemeri resort objects already since the 20th century. The arbour was built near the springs that was already the sixth sulphur springs discovered at the end of the 19th century in Kemeri. Currently they count for more than twenty. The Pavilion has not changed its appearance significantly, but the sculpture of lizard was created only in 1949 ...
More
The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa)

The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa)

One of the most exquisite objects of the Kemeri park can be found on an artificial island formed on the end of the small river Versupite (Vēršupīte). Already since the end of the 19th century there was a pavilion, richly decorated with wood carvings, that was demolished during the World War I. The stone rotunda performed in traditions of morn classicism was built in ...
More
The Water Tower

The Water Tower

The building of 42 m of height (the highest one in Kemeri) is a part of industrial inheritance of Latvia, a national monument that was built in 1929, the architect - Friedrich Skujins. A water tower that more looks like a lighthouse is located near the once popular Kemeri hotel that was called also “The White Liner”. The tower contained a sulphur springs water ...
More