A A
75%
100%
125%
Benjamin J Sperry

Churches

Ķemeri Evangelical Lutheran Church

Ķemeri Evangelical Lutheran Church

Ķemeri Evangelical Lutheran Church was the first stone building in Ķemeri resort in 1897. The idea about construction of the church had appeared already earlier. But the Russian Tsar permitted the construction of the Lutheran church only in 1895; before that - in 1891 - the request regarding construction of the Lutheran church was denied because there was no Orthodox church in ...
More
Ķemeri Saint John Baptist Roman Catholic Church

Ķemeri Saint John Baptist Roman Catholic Church

The construction of this historicism style building was begun in 1897, and it is the youngest of the Kemeri churches. The building is 19.5 metres in length and 8.70 metres is width and consists of three parts. The foundation stone was consecrated on 1 August 1897. The construction works began a month later and were finished in 1899. Materials and resources for building the ...
More
Bulduri Evangelical Lutheran Church

Bulduri Evangelical Lutheran Church

Bulduri Evangelical Lutheran Church was built from 1888 to 1889. On 29 June 1889 it was consecrated as the "Forest Chapel". In 1894, the church was expanded under the supervision of the master mason Radzins. In 1896, Baltic Domain Council gifts for the church entrance the iron door with inscription that these doors are dedicated to the memory of the Russian Emperor ...
More
Dubulti Evangelical Lutheran Church

Dubulti Evangelical Lutheran Church

Dubulti church, the most expressive object and the visual dominant of the surrounding area is the most monumental and exquisite Art Nouveau building in Jurmala from the viewpoint of historical and sacral architecture. The size and details of the building clearly show the tradition of national romanticism that may be seen in the rich sculptural elements of the building in the ...
More
Kauguri Catholic Church

Kauguri Catholic Church

In February 2010 after consecration of the foundations, a new stage began in the life of Jurmala Catholic churches. The construction of the church took place by using the resources of German foundations "Bonifatius Werk", "Kirche in not", as well as the local donors. The church was consecrated on 24 December 2011.
More
Majori Innocent Heart of Virgin Roman Catholic Church

Majori Innocent Heart of Virgin Roman Catholic Church

Majori Innocent Heart of Virgin Roman Catholic Church was built in 1884 under the care of the priest Janis Jacevics and Dr. med. Mikels Pekarskis. At the time church could be opened only by a special permit of the emperor, and it was difficult to obtain; therefore, the building was constructed as the sports hall. The tower was added only in 1911. In 1990, bishop Nukss ...
More
Sloka Evangelical Lutheran Church

Sloka Evangelical Lutheran Church

On 3 January 1854, a new stone church building was given in the care of the parish. Nowadays we see the church that was rebuilt many times and expanded. At first a separate wooden sacristy was built to the church. Under the guidance of the church, pastor Firufs and church chairman Polmanis the building was consecrated on 17 August 1869. The plans to build a church tower ...
More
St Apostles Peter and Paul Kemeri Orthodox Church

St Apostles Peter and Paul Kemeri Orthodox Church

The beginning can be traced back to the summer of 1891. On the day of remembrance of saint apostles Peter and Paul the people were invited to provide the material support for the building of a new church. At the time it was hard to believe that something like that might be possible in near future, but the necessary resources were collected within a year. The land was given for ...
More