The service is provided by the .
Mothers can be calm – the Maternity Unit of the Jūrmala Hospital will take care of the health and safety of mother and baby with the latest medical technologies and will be happy to welcome every newborn.
Highly professional and considerate team of specialists has been the pride of the Maternity Unit of the Jūrmala Hospital for decades. The team consists of gynaecologists – labour specialists, neonatologists, midwives, and children’s nurses who take care of every young family to feel safe and cared for night and day during this short but very special moment.
The Jūrmala Hospital is the third in Latvia by the number of labours in Latvia and the number of babies born at the Jūrmala Hospital is increasing every year. In 2015, there were 1,524 babies born, in 2014 – 1,509 babies, in 2013 – 1,496 babies, in 2012 – 1,268 babies and in 2011 – 1,208 babies.
In the end of 2015, the unit was renovated and equipped with new furniture and technologies to make the young families to feel comfortable. The Maternity Unit of the Jūrmala Hospital has 23 wards, four labour rooms, water birth bathroom and room, two operating rooms and fully equipped intensive care ward for newborns. On average four labours are delivered every 24 hours.
Jūrmala has always been proud of achievements of the Maternity Unity of the Jūrmala Hospital (former Bulduri Hospital) that has demonstrated its strength with professional and at the same time responsive team for decades. On the basis of the positive feedback and safety created by the staff and modern equipment, in the recent years foreign patients have expressed their interest about the Maternity Unit of the Jūrmala Hospital. In 2015, there were 45 foreign babies born at the Unit, in 2014 – 51 babies, and in 2013 – 54 babies.
The Maternity Unit provides pre-labour, labour and post-labour care
- Pre-labour care is provided by gynaecologists – labour specialists and stationary midwife. Consultations are provided and the necessary examinations are taken, the stationary midwife educates the young parents at trainings and provides consultations in cases of continuing pregnancy and pathologies.
- At the Jūrmala Hospital the physiological labour is delivered by gynaecologist – labour specialist and midwife, as well as C-section surgeries are performed.
- The Maternity Unit of the Jūrmala Hospital provides conditions for family labour, water labour and home labour at the hospital.
- Post-labour care involves neonatologist and children’s nurses. If necessary, a physiotherapist is involved.
- Physiological labour
- Family labour
- Home labour at the hospital
- Water labour
- C-section surgery
- Routine check-ups by gynaecologist, labour specialist (if necessary, RTG, US and other examinations)
- Daily visits by neonatologist and children’s nurse (breast-feeding consultations, health check-ups)
- Intensive care of a newborn
- Gynaecological surgeries and provision of other services related to gynaecology
- Physiotherapist consultations – movement therapy for babies: Bobot therapy, handling
- Consultations by neonatologist, paediatrician and children’s oculist
- Neurosonography, echocardiogram and laboratory tests for children