A A
75%
100%
125%
Entrance fee for vehicles! Remember to by Jūrmala entry pass.

Waker’s House

Since 1870 there was a farm of the baker Shtegger; the place was used also as a market place, and a shop of Korovin was located here - he was the first one to get a trading licence, this was also a reason why street got its name – Traders’ street (Tirgoņu iela). In 1914, a 3 - storeyed stone house with a store, hotel, restaurant and a city bank was built there. In 1930 there was “Majori hotel” of O.Gebauer, a restaurant and Riga Jurmala City Bank. In 1952, on the first floor a fish store was opened – the walls were decorated by paintings of Alexander Stankevics and decorative finishing of interior that was later supplemented with a fish pool. In 1999 the interior was covered, by arranging here a gaming room. The building is a monument of architecture. 

Waker’s House

Closest objects

  • Jomas street More
  • Red Bus Majori More
  • Recreation and Curiosity Centre "KORSO Brīnumi" More