For the period from May 22 to 26, a number of changes in the traffic organization of Jūrmala have been introduced: restrictions on car parking, additional train journeys and free city bus rides for the convenience of visitors. Safe bicycle parking is also available, free of charge. As announced before, the Resort Festival will be held in Jūrmala on Saturday, May 25.
Closed parking spaces
• From 00:01, Thursday, May 23 to 08:00, Sunday, May 26, car parking spaces at the intersection of Jūras iela and Pilsoņu iela, facing Smilšu iela will be closed.
• From 14:00, Friday, May 24 to 02:00, Sunday, May 26, car parking spaces at the intersection of Ātrā iela and Jomas iela and the Majori parking lot will be closed.
• From 06:00, Saturday, May 25 to 02:00, Sunday, May 26 parking will be forbidden on Tirgoņu iela, Kaķīšu iela, Omnibusa iela and on the section of Smilšu iela from Jomas iela to Jūras iela, as well as the section of Jūras iela from Turaidas iela to Smilšu iela and the section of Pilsētas iela from Lienes iela to Jomas iela.
• From 07:00, Wednesday, May 22 to 20:00 Sunday, May 26 the section of Pilsoņu iela from Jūras iela to the seafront may not be entered by vehicle.
• From 07:00, Friday, May 24 to 10:00, Sunday, May 26 the traffic on the section Tirgoņu iela from Jūras iela to the seafront will be closed.
• From 22:00, Friday, May 24 to 15:00 Saturday, May 25 the Dzintaru Mežaparks parking lot will be closed. Additionally, during this time, Lazdonas iela and Laudonas iela near Dzintaru prospekts may not be entered by vehicle.
• On Saturday, May 25, from 07:00 to 14:00 the section of Dzintaru prospekts from Turaidas iela to Madonas iela will be closed for traffic.
• On Saturday, May 25, from 08:00 to 14:00, Smilšu iela may not be entered by vehicle.
• On Saturday May 25, from 12.55 until the end of the festival's procession, the following streets will be closed for traffic: the section of Dzintaru prospekts from Madonas iela to Turaidas iela, the section of Turaidas iela from Lienes iela to Jūras iela, the entire Jomas iela, the section of Pilsētas iela from Jomas iela to the seafront, as well as all the streets intersecting these streets according to the festive procession route.
To get to the festival's events, visitors are invited to use the train services. On the opening day of the Resort Festival, in addition to its usual schedule, AS “Pasažieru vilciens” will provide additional train journeys from the Majori train station to Riga at 23:24 and 0:16. The last train journey bound for Tukums will depart from the Majori train station at 00:07. Additional train journeys from Riga will also run throughout the day. The train schedules can be found on the website of AS “Pasažieru vilciens”: https://www.pv.lv/lv/
To ensure a comfortable access to the festival's events for the residents of Jūrmala and guests of the city, on Saturday, May 25, all city buses will run according to the weekday schedule. Moreover, rides on the bus routes No 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 will be free of charge.
• Bus route No 4 will offer the following additional rides: at 10:40 un 22:15 from the Sloka station to Bulduri and at 23:45 and 00:30 from Bulduri to the Sloka station, accessible from the Dzintaru koncertzāle stop (route extended to the Ķemeri station).
• Bus route No 3, “Bulduru station–Valteri–Kauguri” will offer an additional ride at 23:50 and will be accessible from the Dzintaru koncertzāle stop.
• Bus route No 7, “SIVA koledža–Priedaine” will offer an additional ride at 23:45, accessible from the Majori station (the route will run through Buļļuciems).
Going to the festival by bicycle
On Saturday, May 25, the festival's visitors are encouraged to visit Jūrmala by bicycle. Free stands for 300 bicycles by the Horna garden on Jomas iela 35 will be available from 11:00 to 01:00, providing security and monitoring services. After parking the bicycle at the stand, the owner will receive a bracelet and the bicycle will be marked according to the number on the bracelet. Bicycles may be secured by a personal lock for added safety.