Please note that during an emergency situation in Latvia since 21. october, 2021, the water tower is closed to visitors!
The building of 42 m in height (the highest one in Kemeri) is a part of the industrial inheritance of Latvia, a national monument that was built in 1929, the architect - Friedrich Skujins. A water tower that more looks like a lighthouse is located near the once popular Kemeri hotel that was called also “The White Liner”. The tower contained a sulfur springs water reservoir of 100 m3 of volume. Until World War II there was an observation deck on the upper platform of the tower. Guests of the resort had a wonderful view of the area of Kemeri from the height of 42 meters.